Sunday 18 February 2018

Hello gorgeous girl

Hello again. What a gorgeous day it's been here down on the River. Sunshine and blue skies all day and even had my doors and windows open. Oh I can't wait for the spring. I hope you have all had a super weekend. Well I found myself with some spare time this evening so what better way to spend it than in my craft room. I just had to get out the clarity stencil again. I do love them :-)


Here's what I used...

PaperArtsy smooth white card... 240gsm.
Clarity Stencil... Winter Tree.
Stampin Up... Beautiful You.
Stampin Up... High Tide.
Lavinia Stamp... Unsure of name.
Debbie Moore Designs Hello Gorgeous (Free stamp set from latest edition of Creative Stamping).
Versafine Ink... Onyx Black.
Distress Inks... Faded Jeans, Stormy Sky, Mowed Lawn, Squeezed Lemonade and Mustard Seed.
Polychromo Pencils.

Here's what I did...

I began by taping down the stencil with low tack tape. Stamp the pathway in place and stamp again onto masking tape. Cut out carefully and place it over the stamped pathway. Punch a circle out of masking tape and place that where you want the sun to be. Now for the blending. Using strips of paper, place onto the card to enable you to create the sky, sea and grass areas and bush over the distress inks. Use the water effect stamp from the High Tide set to create the look of water. Take a sponge and pull in all the ink from the stencil to create the darker edge. Once happy remove the stencil and the mask from the path and sun. Now take the the mask you cut the sun from and place that over the sun so that you can now blend on the squeezed lemonade. Remove the mask and then lightly brush over the Mustard Seed to give the look of a sunset and take it down across the water.

Stamp the lady onto a spare piece of card and cut out carefully. Stamp her again onto a piece of pattern paper and cut out the dress and hat. Glue this over the stamped image. Softly colour her arms and legs and also the pathway. Glue her onto the card. Stamp the wording and then trim down the card to the size you would like it. Mount onto a piece of matching card and then mount onto a white card base.

That's all from me today. I hope you like it and thank you for stopping by.

Much love

Bev xxx

2 comments:

  1. Hello dear Bev, -
    such a gorgeous card, with your gorgeous girl, my friend- I am also in love with your tree, almost ghostlike in white , and the perfect painted ocean. Truly a beautiful sunny day there, -and you had one too, lucky you . Maybe we will all soon have more sun and little spring :-)
    Big hug to you, Bev, I hope all is well, in your surroundings, dear.
    Hugs, Dorthe, xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you so much for your time to visit and your lovely words as always Dorthe. Big hugs to you. xxx

      Delete

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...