Thursday 3 May 2018

Just because your path is different

Hello and welcome. So here I am again. I'm feeling quite shocked that I managed to be back so quick. I found myself with a little free time so managed to make something quick and easy. I've had this verse for a while and not yet used it and I really like it so needed something to go with it. After a good old rummage I dug out one of my old favorites which I felt suited it well. 


Here's what I used...

Paper Artsy Super Smooth Card... 240gsm.
Sheena Douglas stamp set... A Different Dream.
Indigo Blue Stamp Set... Lost In Benidorm.
Indigo Blue Stamp Set... Light and Sound Borders.
Bee Crafty Inkables stencil... Unsure of name but it looks like a chain link fence.
Versafine Ink... Onyx Black.
Momento Ink...Tuxedo Black.
Ranger Archival Ink...Orange Blossom.
Tim Holtz Distress Ink... Faded Jeans, Broken China and Weathered Wood.
Alcohol Markers.
Posca Pen... Red.

Here's what I did...

Stamp the image of the man onto the card using the Momento ink. I used this ink as I'm using alcohol markers to colour the image. Stamp the image again onto masking paper and cut out carefully. Stamp the verse onto the card using the versafine ink. I love this ink for stamping as it gives a really crisp detailed image. Take the mask and place it over the man carefully. 

Take the Broken China and brush over the stamped image lightly, building up the colour gradually. Take the Faded Jeans and do the same again around the stamped image to allow a darker colour directly around the image. Once happy, remove the mask. 

Now take the stencil and place in on the card and brush over the Weathered Wood lightly around the outside of the card. Take the arrows element from the Borders stamp set and stamp it onto the card using the Orange Blossom. 

Now happy with the background, take your chosen colours of alcohol markers and colour the image. I decided to use a Posca pen to colour the verse as I thought it would give me a slightly shiny look but it didn't. Hey ho, it coloured it well so all good. 

I did think of adding some dimension to the card using embossing paste but decided that it might spoil the look as I felt it was ok as is so left it there. Mount onto some navy card and then onto a white card base. Hope you like it.

All for now. Thank you as always for dropping in. Enjoy the rest of your week. Hope to be back again soon.

Much love

Bev. xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment

In her own skin

Hello and welcome Feels good to be here once again. Yes I have a week off so managed some time in the Craft Room. I made a quick and easy...